The family of faith now known as Northside Baptist Church, began in 1981 as First Baptist Church, North--a satellite congregation of First Baptist Church, Del Rio. The leaders of First Baptist Church, under the leadership of God, saw the need for a Baptist church on the Northwest side of Del Rio. After considerable prayer, the church purchased five acres of land at the present location--1100 Amistad Boulevard. A "Together We Build" program was initiated to raise funds for the first building. The first worship service and Bible study was held at the new location on January 2, 1982 in a double-wide mobile home that had been placed on the property. This temporary building was provided by the Baptist General Convention of Texas, using funds from the Mary Hill Davis State Missions Offering.
Ground was broken for the construction of the first permanent building on July 11, 1982. The first worship service was held in the new building on November 14, 1982.
During the first two years, the pastor and staff of First Baptist Church conducted services at both locations. In August of 1984, Rev. Bob Lockhart was called as pastor of First Baptist Church, North. The goal was established for the satellite congregation to become an autonomous church. This goal became a reality on February 2, 1986, when First Baptist Church, North was re-constituted as Northside Baptist Church.
In 1987, the church began construction on an addition to the building. This addition included a new fellowship hall and six new classrooms. Another addition was begun in 1997 and completed the following year. This addition included the renovation and expansion of the sanctuary and the addition of three additional classrooms.
Rev. Lockhart continued his service as pastor of Northside until his retirement in December of 2007.
On Sunday, September 6, 2009, the church extended a call to R.G. Murray to become Northside's second pastor.